- Study Updates 2023
- PPSC PMS Written Exams 2022 Schedule
- AJKU MA Political Science Annual Exams Result 2022 Online
- Malakand Board SSC Part 1 Online Enrolment Schedule 2023-24
- Sarhad University BS and Diploma Programs Admission 2023
- Professional Development Centre NUST Admission Year 2023
- PIM Professional Diploma Programs Admission 2023
- DUHS Master Programs Admission Session 2023 2024
- NED UET PGD Programs Admission for the Year 2023
- Institute of Clinical Psychology UoK Admission 2023
- UAF Undergraduate Programs Admission Session 2023 2024
- FUI Admission in DPT and MSPT For the Year Fall 2023
- Pakistan Cadet College Murree Admission for the Year 2023
- Study Updates 2023
- Result 2023
Lahore Launches Transgender Students Special Classes
In a positive step towards promoting inclusivity and addressing the educational needs of the transgender community, Lahore’s District Education Council has announced the allocation of special classes in all government schools of 260 Union Councils in the city. The plan includes assigning dedicated teachers and classrooms for transgender students in each high school. The students can get the information that Lahore District Education Council Launches Transgender Students special classes
Enhancing Access to Quality Education
The initiative aims to ensure equal access to quality education for all residents of Lahore, regardless of their gender identity. By providing education within their own communities, the plan eliminates the need for long-distance travel and transportation logistics.
The CEO of the council, Pervaiz Akhtar, has personally overseen the plan and expressed his disappointment over the closure of the only dedicated transgender school in Lahore’s Garden Town area last month. He acknowledged the challenges faced by community members in accessing education due to transportation and limited funds and assured that the new plan will provide maximum opportunities for transgender individuals to access education.
Empowering the Transgender Community
The plan is a significant step towards empowering the transgender community through education and creating a conducive learning environment for them. It aligns with the increased interest in education among transgender community members, with a total of 1,488 transgender individuals currently enrolled in public schools across the province, according to the Punjab School Education Department.
Encouraging Admissions and Maximum Enrollment
The council has already dedicated teachers for educating transgender students, minimizing the need for additional staff. The plan also includes a campaign to encourage admissions and ensure maximum enrollment of transgender individuals in public schools.
Promoting Inclusivity and Equality
The new education plan is a commendable effort towards promoting inclusivity and addressing the educational needs of marginalized communities. It is a step towards creating a more equal and just society where everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources.