Punjab Govt Matric & Inter Promotion Policy 2020-2021
Lahore, The Government of the Punjab has issued the notification having the instructions for the Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education to hold SSC & HSSC annual exams and declares the results of all exams, 2020 and 2021. Because of the threat of the COVID-19, the educational boards were not allowed to manage their matric and intermediate class annual exams on the scheduled dates and the decision was made to promote the students to next classes without taking their exams as per Punjab Govt Matric & Inter Promotion Policy 2020-2021. Punjab Government has announced:
1. The students, who were supposed to participate in class IX and XI exams 2020, they will be permitted to attend their class X & XII annual exams 2021 respectively.
2. The marks of 9th and 10th classes candidates will be calculated as follow:
a) The candidates, who were going to attend composite SSC exams 2020 and they could not appear in 9th class exams, their marks will be doubled in reverse order.
b) The candidates, who passed their 10th class exams in 2019 and they were going to attend their 9th class failed subjects in exams 2020, their 10th class obtained marks shall be awarded in 9th class relevant subjects.
3. The students, who attended their BISEs Board 10th class annual exams 2020, their papers will be checked and the result will be announced.
4. The candidates, who passed all subjects in HSSC Part 1, they shall be awarded same marks in Part as the candidates obtained in part 1 annual exams. The candidates, who passed their Inter part 1 exams but failed as a whole in part 2 in 2019, they will obtain same marks as they got in part 1.
5. The candidates, who passed their Inter part 2 exams but they are declared failed in many subjects in part 1 and they were going to appear as compartment in exams 2020, they shall be awarded same marks as they got in theory of part 2. The students, who obtain marks in practical exams, they shall remain same.