- Study Updates 2023
- UoS PharmD 1st Annual Exams Result 2022
- Lahore Board SSC Part 1 Online Enrollment Schedule 2023-25
- KPPSC Social Mobilizer Appointment Interview Result 2023
- BPSC Appointment Recommendations 2023 Various Posts
- PPSC Asst Electric Inspector Written Exams Result 2023
- Boston University Fully Funded Scholarships 2023
- UoP MA & MSc Annual Exams Result 2022
- PU LLB 3-Year Exams 2023 Revised Schedule
- PU LLB 5-YearExams 2023 Revised Schedule
- IUB LLB Annual Exams 2022 Schedule
- KU ADC External Annual Exams 2022-23 Application Schedule
- Closure of AIOU Various Programs Admission
- Study Updates 2023
- Result 2023
Govt Cuts MS & PhD Scholarships to Overseas Studies by 57.3%
Higher Education Commission started the project of ‘Overseas Scholarship for MS / M.Phil leading to PhD in the selected fields for Rs.22,214.578 million. The students, who are selected under this project, they can get admission in the foreign universities to complete their higher education. Due to inflation in the country, the value of Pak rupee was decreased against dollar and this situation hampered the economic situation of the country and now the government has to decide to reduce the number of overseas scholarships.
When this project was launched, the government offered 2000 MS and PhD scholarships, in which 1800 scholarships were awarded to the PhD programs and 200 scholarships were reserved for the MS programs. Now the government has announced that Govt Cuts MS & PhD Scholarships to Overseas Studies by 57.3% and number of PhD overseas scholarships were reduced to 711 and the MS scholarships are reduced to 143.
At the time of launching of this project, the rate of one dollar was equal to 112 rupees and now it has reached to 220 rupees. Now the government has decided to provide the 200 scholarships in the countries, which have good reputation in engineering technology universities including UK, USA, Germany, Italy, Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong in order to prepare the technology faculty for the technology universities in Pakistan.